Friday, October 28, 2011

My Bloggers' Quilt Festival Entry

Firstly thanks very much to Amy for arranging this fabulous event in Blogland, and to  all the great sponsors who are giving some great prizes this year.   I have watched the festival for a few years but this is my first entry.  I hope you like it!



This was step 1 of my Tropical Circles quilt, that I finished in July this year.  I used the Curvemaster Foot for the circles, and learned how to use it very quickly.  It made sewing the circles easy, and I find it a good all round foot to use now, not just good for circles.


Here we are with the border on, and the quilting done.  It took me about 6 hours to quilt the piece,in 1 hour lots, it was my first attempt at free motion quilting, and I did a different design on each circle.  I was very pleased with how it turned out, and very proud of myself to have done so much quilting on it. (I'm usually a stitch in the ditch person - as long as it's quick and easy!)




Here she is - bound and draped artistically across my chair.  I do like the way the blue border sets off the colours in the circles.

So race along now to Amy's Creative Side and have a look at all the other quilts entered this time.  They are really fun...




13 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like this quilt, the fabrics, piecing and quilting is stunning.
I'm now off to have a look see at the Curvemaster foot as I've never heard of it before :)

trish said...

Beautifully done!! :o)

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love the colors you used for this quilt! Beautiful!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lovely tropical quilt, it suits where you live. The blue looks wonderful!

Wee Little Birds said...

Well done. I am so glad you entered.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish for your circular quilt. It is wonderful that you jumped in and did different designs for the quilting of the circles.

Eileen said...

Very pretty colors and fabrics and love the pattern. I learned to fmq last year and find it fun. Nice you did it on this lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing and have a gret day

Sarcastic Quilter said...

How fun! I have used that foot before but I wasn't successful. Maybe it's time to try again.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

What a wonderful quilt!! I love the colours and different textures you have put together.

Karen said...

It's a great quilt. Love the fabrics. Great work with the circles and the quilting. too.

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Well done...I'll have to check out that Curvemaster

Anonymous said...

Sharyn it looks wonderful, well done for entering, you should be very proud....Linda x

Martha said...

Beautiful quilt...thank you for sharing.