Thursday, January 26, 2012

Block of the Month Numer 3

The Sue Ross BOM from Material Obsession is done.  It's Block No 3, the diamond star that I cut out not long ago.


No matter what I did with this darned thing, I could not get it to lie straight.  It's been steam ironed and starched to within an inch of it's life and it still won't lie flat.  I've redone seams until I couldn't redo another one.  It will just have to be quilted out at the end!



Here it is arranged artistically over the sewing machine, at least you can't see the big lump in it!

Now block number 4 is another star! Great!!

2 comments:

Melodee said...

haha I have a star quilt that has done the same thing! I gave up too and decided that I will also quilt out the bump and once I wash it the shrinkage will help too!

but your star is still very nice! great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,
That star looks really lovely. Good to see you are getting lots of sewing done.
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxox