Saturday, March 10, 2012

Help, I Need Some Input

I found this panel in my cupboard and every time I look at it, I just get confused:


Should I quilt it whole, or separate the individual parts and make nice small wall hangings? I can't make up my mind.  Here are the pics of the individual parts (click on the pics to get a better view):







 I think they would look so cute done separately, embellished to the hilt. They would also look lovely left together.

Please, help me to make up my mind!  I used to be a procrastinator, now I'm just not sure!



5 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I personally would cut them apart, add borders to the blocks, then sashing, and maybe some other blocks and sew them all back together and make a lovely lap quilt or a big wall hanging, something that could be used both ways. I am getting ready to do something similar to a panel I found yesterday too. As soon as I found it I cut it all apart, now to find some fabrics to go with it so I can put it all back together.

Maria said...

Hmmmm!!!! I think it is a shame to cut them up.The panel looks great as is. I would sandwich it quilt and embellish.
Sew between the first two comments we are of no help. Sorry.

Karen O said...

That panel is gorgeous! I would cut it apart and alternate the blocks with other blocks. Or you could do a long wall hanging by cutting it vertically only. I know whatever you decide, it will be great.

Diane-crewe said...

mmm have you thought of maybe using them as pannels and making some bags? They could be used as presents for special people ... or you could leave them as they are and make a little quilt xx

Sooli said...

I'm with Anne Marie in the first comment. You could use the small blocks as cornerstones on your outside border. It depends where you see it ending up I guess. I also love Diane's idea of turning them into bag panels. Or alternatively you can wait and the right person will come along and you will know what you want to do with it!