Wednesday, November 7, 2012

To Those Who Know Loss

My friend from Blogging your Way, Kylie,  has just been through the terrible loss of her dear pet dog, and I thought this might be timely.

I found it a great help when I lost my Tuppence to read this, and I hope that anyone who has been through the same will find some solace.

Beyond The Rainbow
 
As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade,
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
 
I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful = lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.
 
I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I"m alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its' brilliant shades of gold.
For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow, and listen with your heart.
C.G.1995
 
I think that verse is one of the most helpful I have ever read. And the last line is so true, trust me!

4 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

x Thank you x

Anonymous said...

It's such a devastating loss and one we've all been through. My thoughts go out to your friend.
Jeanie Beanie xoxox

Kylie said...

Thank you so much for this and for dropping by my blog to say "I understand what you're going through". I love that through the blogging world we can reach out & make a difference.
Please stay in touch & if you're ever in Melbourne, please let me know & we will have coffee!
Warmest,
Kylie

Anonymous said...

That was lovely Sharyn....Linda x