Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturdays Scraps

Welcome friends, to Saturdays Scraps!

Have been working this week on getting the scrappy puff quilt done for Alans' chair.  Have the back completed, and now am onto the seat.



So here is the top cover, it has a calico backing that slips over the back of the chair


and here is a close up of the back.  The quilt laying over the chair is one of the first quilts I made.  It was a rail fence, and I carefully cut out all the fabric and assembled it, and then found that it had frayed here and there over the quilt.  
So I stuck those self adhesive patches over the frayed stitch lines and now I find the patches are losing their grip, so I suppose I will have to hand sew them all on!  Cheap and nasty fabric, it was!



Now here is a closer close up ( I'm getting carried away here, aren't I!!) This shows the long strip I sewed along the bottom to slip between the top of the chair and the seat, to keep it secure.

It is also stuffed with stuffing (boy I love stuffing these puffs with stuffing!!)


So now i only have these puffs left, so it's time to start cutting  for the seat area. 
I didn't work this out too well, I have to cut the squares manually, don't have a template to do it by machine!

Next time i'll think more deeply about sizes...


So here i go again, trusty cutting board and cutter, madly cutting 5 3/4 squares!

What a silly size.


Fabrics to the right of me, squares to the left - i need 56 squares for the seat.

It's going to be a long weekend!

So I have worked out a really simple way of assembling this quilt, but no one seems to be interested in seeing it, so I haven't posted it yet.  
So let me know if you would like to see how i do this really cute little puffy thing, and I'll show you!

So that's what I'm up to!

Have you done any scrappy quilting this week?

Add your pictures below and show us!

I'll see you tomorrow night for our happy photographs!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puffy squares are looking great, pity you don't have a cutter for the Baby Go for the squares. Will keep you out of trouble anyway……
Keep on cutting, looks great. Linda xxxx