Sunday, May 4, 2014

Baby has Arrived!!

Alan's great grand daughter was born in Sydney yesterday about 2.00pm.

Her name is Ella, and that's all we know at the moment! Both are well.

Now this normally would not have been a problem, but she wasn't due for at least three more weeks!  What's a girl to do!!

SO I have been madly sewing today, and this is what I am up to:


a flanelette pram quilt- just have to take time now to do all the raggy cutting( with my best embroidery scissors, I might add!), and


The beginnings of another quilt, I'm doing with a lovely polar fleece backing - it's so sweet and soft I couldn't help it!!

2 shades of pink, some gray and some multicoloured, pattern still to be finalised in my mind, but I will show 
you when it's finished..
I promise!!

See you all tomorrow night for week 17's word.


6 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Ella. Your raggy pram quilt will be so lovely, have fun snipping all those edges.

Kim said...

Congratulations!! Ella is such a lovely name. Look forward to seeing your pram quilt; the fabrics are gorgeous.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations!!! The quilts look lovely!

Diane-crewe said...

how wonderful .. hope you get to see him ...and deliver the quilt .. soon x

Diane-crewe said...

just noticed I put HIM!!! sorry I'm confused .. it must be because we have sunshine for the first time in ages ..and it made me a bit loopy!! lol x

Janet said...

Congratulations!! New grandbabies are always an inspiration and a blessing. The blanket will be lovely.