Sunday, October 26, 2014

52 Weeks Word Photo Challenge

Hi everyone!

Firstly, please let me say a big "ThankYou" to all who commented on my last post - I hereby promise to be a good patient and simply relax and recover! It's a bit hard though!

Anyhow, we are back to show our "stick", and here is mine - trust me!


Here is one of the first quilts i ever made, and I am amazed that the iron on patches that I have scattered over it, still stick to the fabric like the day they were done!

This was a post rail quilt, simple and easy for the beginning, and I really did agonize over the placement of every single piece of fabric.  I put so much work into that quilt,  ensuring that all my seams were the obligatory 1/4 inch.  I think  you can see what happened to that!

Unfortunately, most of the fabric I used was very cheap and nasty and by the time I had finished the piecing, some seams were already unraveling!

I was frantic! I simply didn't know what to do! So I eventually trotted out to Spotlight (our version of Joannes) and bought all these iron on stickers, which I raced home and ironed on, and that was about 8-9 years ago I think.  Some of them didn't quiet fit...

This quilt lives in our  TV room, and gets thrown on chairs, on the floor, on dogs, on dog beds - it is washed just about weekly, and still those iron on patches stick!!

True story!

So, come on everyone, sign on with Mr Linky below and show is your "stick"


No comments: