Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 37 of 52 Weeks Word Photo Challenge

Well, I had myself in a real "pickle" this week, wondering which way to go with this word!

So, I made a decision, and this is what I came up with:-

Sharyn Baldwin

48 boards

If you just hop over to my side bar , you will see the button to press for my Pinterest.  I have 48 boards, and I "pin" lots and lots of "stuff" that I don't want to lose, onto them.

While my version does not exactly match the dictionary version below, taken from The Oxford online dictionary:-






"pin1

Line breaks: pin
Pronunciation: /pɪn
  
/





NOUN

1A thin piece of metal with a sharp point at one end and a round head at the other, used forfastening pieces of clothpaperetc.
1.1small brooch or badge:a gold and diamond lapel pin
2A metal projection from a plug or an integrated circuit which makes an electrical connection with a socket or another part of a circuit:[AS MODIFIER, IN COMBINATION]: a three-pin plug

3

VERB (pinspinningpinned)

[WITH OBJECT AND ADVERBIAL] 
1Attach or fasten with a pin or pins:he pinned the badge on to his lapelher hair was pinned back
2Hold (someone) firmly in a specified position so they are unable to move:
3[WITH OBJECT] Chess Hinder or prevent (a piece or pawn) from moving because of the danger to a more valuable piece standing behind it along the line of an attack:the black rook on e4 is pinned"
I do believe that in this day and age, "pin" has been expanded to include the verb"pin" as in "Pin to Pinterest.  
Do you agree?
Obviously, I have had to thing laterally with this one, as I didn't have the opportunity to go photographing much this week.  Please feel free to pop on over to my Pinterest and take a look, won't you?
I f you were wondering, that is Priscilla with me in the photograph, wearing her sun hat - isn't she adorable in it?
Join in whenever you like, and show us your "pin".  I will be back tomorrow evening with next week's word.  See you then








1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yes, I think Pin as in pinning on Pinterest will be in the next edition of the dictionary. Cute photo of you and Priscilla.