Monday, January 5, 2015

I Finished It!

Had to show you the baby quilt that I made for Ella.  THe one that never made it for Christmas, but she will get it for January instead !!

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I do hope she likes it.

Here 'tis:-



So here is the front, after washing and going through the drier late at night!  I'm very happy with how it turned out, I think that the white border around it serves to contain all the colour and movement in the quilt.


And here is the back!  I chopped up a previous top I had assembled because I thought the bright colours would suit this quilt back. I've just labelled it using a yellow block and permanent pen.

I'm also , at this time, still sewing Alan's quilt top - he may get it for his birthday in June, if he's lucky!  It's driving me mad, every corner has three points joining, so nothing goes together very well and it's irritating.

Also knitting my summer scarf, using All those yarns I showed you on this post. Believe it or not, it's working out fairly well. I don't have to look at it anyhow!!

So that's where I am at, this new year will be a busy one me thinks. All the girls in my weekly sewing group are in agreement over the fact that we all need to finish our WIP's before we do anything new this year! Should be an interesting year, lets see how it goes!

Are you up to anything interesting yet?

3 comments:

Moose-ings said...

Baby will surely love those fabulous colours! Very pretty!

Madtatter80 said...

Oh very nice color choice you have done well love this! very beautiful! hugs from Carollyn!

kiwikid said...

Great quilt, love both sides!