Saturday, January 31, 2015

Let There be Shawls!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much - just too busy to drop everything and do what I should be doing, I guess!!

So the tumbler quilt is now quilted, it's now in the line for binding (no picture, sorry)

The prayer shawl has been completed and gifted. No picture of that also - mainly because I heard that my friend had been admitted to hospital, and so I hurriedly wrapped the shawl and dropped it in to the hospital to her the next day. It just happened that I had a dr's appointment over there, and i thought it might cheer her up while she was in hospital!








The finished shawl was not so different to this photograph that I took before - I did add one more row to the bottom fringe section in the dark blue, and also one more row along the top in dark blue.  I was very pleased with how it turned out, and I must ask if I can take a photo, just to prove it!!

I'm not going too well here, am I?

Some pictures of things I'm doing, and have done also:


I have started and finished this cotton shawl for myself to keep.  It is the South Bay Shawlette pattern from Ravelry. The pattern is actually from Lion brand yarn, and you need to sign in to get it. It is a great fast pattern to do, I recommend it - you can make it any size you want..

I was very pleased with myself, because I actually made my own edging for this one. Here it is - unblocked, but you get the idea!


A little wonky, but I'm still proud of it!


So now I have started this shawl. It is called "A  Little Bit of This, a Little bit of that" and it's HERE, and I am using the three colours of Rowan Glace cotton in the picture. They should look pretty together. It is a beautiful yarn to work with!  I'm not sure yet if it is destined for someone or not!

So tomorrow  is our first "Old Photo Challenge". I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's old pictures, I hope you are also!!

So I 'll be back tomorrow with my old pictures, same place!  See you then!

Take care


1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

All those shawls are so wonderful! I love the colours you've used, like colourful butterfly wings.