Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Old Picture Challenge

Welcome back for 2015 my friends!

I do hope that your new year went well, and that you are excited for our challenge this year!

This post will explain our challenge for 2015, please do not hesitate to ask questions if I am not concise enough with my explanations.

Here we go:-


  • The Old Picture Challenge will run on the first Sunday of each MONTH through 2015, and longer if we all want.
  • This is an opportunity for those who never quite made it to join in last year, to try it this year, even though this years challenge is a little different to last years challenge! Remember, the more the merrier!
  • On the first Sunday of each month ( starting today) I will post the word for the month. It could be anything - colours, feelings, the month's name, seasons etc etc
  • Your job each month (should you choose to accept it!), is to go back over all those OLD photoes that you have on your computer, and on discs beside your computer, and find old pictures that explain the given word to you.
  • On the first Sunday of the following month, I will post a Mr Linky for everyone to join in and show their pictures. The link will be open for a week, and please make your link to the post with your pictures on, which should be names "The Old Picture Challenge", just in case you forget!!
  • You can put up 1,2, 3, 4 or 5 pictures if  you like. 
  • Each picture you use must have your reasoning and explanation of why the picture means that given word to you!
  • In January 2016, a winner will be drawn, and a runner up, for the best picture of the year. 
  • The winner will be chosen from a secret vote in my house ( I can't win, I will be supplying the 1st and runner up prize!)
  • I don't know what the prizes will be yet, but I thought that sounded good, and it gives incentive for everyone to stick with it! (I'm actually shaking inside, What am I doing!!??) 
Now, is that all clear as mud??

I hope it is, like I said, please do not hesitate to ask if you are not sure of anything.

So now that I have told you about it, I will now give  you the word for January 2015:

The word for January is: Summer.

Of course, that's because it is Summer here, but I'm sure everyone has loads of summer pictures.

Well, that's it for our challenge this month, I am really looking forward to seeing your photographs and explanations in February!

Have fun and take care!






4 comments:

Moose-ings said...

Lovely idea, I'll be in it!

Diane-crewe said...

well... as its WINTER here this gives me an excuse to look back at some "warmer" pictures x ... The picture(s) goes up first week of February .. yes?

Rachaeldaisy said...

I like the way this challenge sounds a bit different. What a good excuse to go back through old photos.

kiwikid said...

This is going to be interesting...away from home and photos at present so will fire up when I get home...and before I pack the photo albums for moving house!!